- Momma Loon's Note:
The beginning of fall is heralded by a green tomato pie. It is a delightful dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put tomatoes through a coarse grater or a food processor's large shredder.
- 2Put in a colander and let drain overnight.
- 3Prepare double pie crust.
- 4Line 8-inch pie pan with half.
- 5Roll out second half and set aside.
- 6Mix remaining ingredients with tomatoes.
- 7Place in pie shell and cover with top crust.
- 8Prick holes in crust.
- 9Bake in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 10Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 40 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 341.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind