Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very old recipe to use up the seasons green tomatoes before the first frost. I have not made this pie, but it looked so interesting for all you dedicated zaarian gardeners. Prep time includes making your pie dough from scratch.
- Place the crust in a 9-inch pie plate and flute the edges.
- Place a layer of green tomatoes in bottom of pie.
- Cover with a layer of lemon slices, sprinkle with a layer of sugar.
- Layer tomatoes, lemon and sugar until pie is full.
- Bake at 350ºF until brown and bubbly, about 50 to 60 minutes.
I made this recipe many years ago. It is delicious! You will never know that there are green tomatoes in it.