Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- This is the mincemeat I use all the time now.
- Don't peel tomatoes or apples.
- Core and chop in processor.
- Cook everything together slowly for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Bottle in sterilized jars and hot water process for 25 minutes.
Holy moly, this makes everyone in my family HAPPY!!!
Smells terrific, can't wait to use it for tarts at Christmas. I used apple cider vinegar and added 1/2 cup cognac after it was cooked. Update: now December, my kitchen smells lovely, the mincemeat is excellent!! Another update 12/07! I had a jar of this delicious mincemeat from the last batch I made in October 2006 and used it to make my mincemeat tarts this week, it was so good. Keeps well and tastes great! Thanks for posting Helen!
I cut the sugar down to 2 cups, used 3 TBS sunflower oil and 1 TBS walnut oil in place of the margarine. Plus added 1/4 cup boiled cider. It turned out delicious.