Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received this recipe years ago from a friend. I have made it for the last 20 yrs
- 1182.95 ml green tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 946.36 ml sugar
- 170.09 g package gelatin (any flavor)
- boil tomatoes and sugar together for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, puree in a blender.
- Add jello and stir well.
- Put into blender and blend well.
- Pour into jars and seal.
What size jars do you use for the Recipe?
This is NOT a jelly it is a JAM. Jam- A sweet spread or preserve made from FRUIT cooked to a mushy consistency and sugar boiled to a thick consistency.
Jelly- A sweet, clear, semisolid, somewhat elastic spread or preserve made from FRUIT JUICE and sugar boiled to a thick consistency.
This sounded so strange that I just had to try it and I'm amazed at how easy and great it is! I used Rasberry jello and with the tomato seeds, one would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Thank you for sharing this recipe! The over-ambitious gardener