Recipe by Rita~
As autumn gets cooler and the green tomatoes won't ripen try using them in this sweet tomato jam is enhanced with lemon, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.
Top Review by email@example.com
This is an easy recipe to make and it smelled beautifully fragrant while it was cooking. I didn't have a vanilla bean, but I did have vanilla bean paste so I substituted a teaspoon for the bean and also I only used about an inch and a half of ginger. It has a delicate flavor and I think it will be perfect paired with some nice French Brie and a baguette. I am going to make more, as I think it will make perfect gifts for the holiday for my family and friends.
- 1814.36 g organic green tomatoes (that was roughly pureed in the food processor)
- 907.18 g organic sugar
- 1 organic lemon, zest and meat chopped, seed and bitter pith discarded
- 29.58 ml bottled lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean (yes the whole bean rough chopped)
- 2 inch piece ginger, minced finely
- 1 stick cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jars and hot water bath.
- In a spice grinder place the chopped vanilla bean with ¼ cup of the sugar. Grind till fine and powdery.
- Place all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil being sure to stir often once it starts to thicken.
- The cooking can take 1 hour depending on how high your heat goes and the size of the pot. I use power plus burner being very watchful over it so it doesn`t burn. When it hits 215 degrees remove cinnamon sticks and discard. Place jam in to sterilized jars wipe rims clean and place warm lids on jars, adjust rings on. Place in hot water bath covered by 1-2 inches of water for 10 minutes. Remove and place on towel covered counter over night. Check lids for sealing. Label and store in pantry for up to 1 year.