Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious and versitile condiment. I find it especially good with grilled pork loin. This is a great way to use your green tomatoes in the garden at the end of the season. I found this in a cookbook I got at the library called THE COUNTRY STORE. (Unfortunately I did not write down the author's name.) Cooking time does not include processing time.
- Quarter the tomatoes and place them in a large pot.
- Quarter, core and chop the unpeeled apples and add them to the tomatoes.
- Chop the onions and add them to the tomatoes with all the other ingredients.
- Heat gently, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for one and half hours until the chutney has thickened.
- Pour the chutney into warm, sterilized jars.
- Seal (canning process) immediately.
This is wonderful!! I cut it back to 2 pints & served it with pork tenderloin. It was a hit with everyody!! Very easy...just throw it all together & cook. Yumyumyum. Made for PAC Fall '08.