1/2 Photos of Green Tomato Chutney
1 hr 30 mins
wood stove stoker's Note:
This is a delicious and versitile condiment. I find it especially good with grilled pork loin. This is a great way to use your green tomatoes in the garden at the end of the season. I found this in a cookbook I got at the library called THE COUNTRY STORE. (Unfortunately I did not write down the author's name.) Cooking time does not include processing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter the tomatoes and place them in a large pot.
- 2Quarter, core and chop the unpeeled apples and add them to the tomatoes.
- 3Chop the onions and add them to the tomatoes with all the other ingredients.
- 4Heat gently, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
- 5Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for one and half hours until the chutney has thickened.
- 6Pour the chutney into warm, sterilized jars.
- 7Seal (canning process) immediately.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tomato Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (2872 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 105.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g