1/2 Photos of Green Tomato Chutney
Excellent chutney. Goes well with spicey foods. Wonderful recipe to help use those green things!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put layers of tomatoes the with pickling salt.
- 2Add enough cold water to cover tomatoes.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Drain& rinse the Tomatoes.
- 5Put them a large pot place and add Onions, apples.
- 6green pepper and vinegar.
- 7Bring to a boil and boil 30 minutes.
- 8Tie the pickling spice in gauze and add to the pot.
- 9Stir in the brown sugar.
- 10Simmer over low heat for about 2 hours.
- 11Watch that it doesn't burn!
- 12Pour into sterilized jars, seal and water bath for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tomato Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (8123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7179.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 220.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 203.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: