This time of year if your from the south, tomatos everywhere!! A friend of mine from the Pilot Club shared this with me several years ago. It's great hot or cold.
- Arrange one layer of tomatoes in the bottom of 1 ½ quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper 1/3 of bread crumbs and 1/3 cheese.
- Repeat layers twice omitting the cheese from the top.
- Dot butter over the bread crumbs on top.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for one hour.
- Add remaining cheese, bake uncovered until cheese melts.