1/2 Photos of Green Tomato Cake With Brown Butter Icing
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I thought that this was an interesting use of green tomatoes. The cake is rich made as directed, but I think that it could be lightened easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups diced green tomatoes
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Brown Butter Icing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- 3Beat butter and sugar with a mixer until creamy.
- 4Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- 6Gradually add dry ingrediens to butter mixture, beating well. (Batter will be soft.)
- 7Stir in tomatoes, raisins, and walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 70 to 75 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely.
- 9Icing: In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until butter is lightly browned. Whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- 10Spoon Browned Butter Icing over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tomato Cake With Brown Butter Icing
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 412.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 60.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g