Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Don't Let the name fool you, It taste great
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Wash and dice the green tomatoes (do not peel the tomatoes). Sprinkle the tomatoes with the 1 T salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Place in a colander and rinse with cold water and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; butter and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda, and salt. Add the raisins and nuts to dry mixture; add to cream mixture. Dough will be very stiff; mix well.
- Add drain tomatoes and mix well. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and frost with your favorite caramel or cream cheese frosting.