Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a great unique southern bread. I know it sounds a little yucky, but trust me it's good.
Top Review by Nancy loves new recipes
We loved this bread ! Since my husband is diabetic I did substitute 1 cup of Splenda for the sugar and it turned out great. Thanks for a unique way to use green tomatoes before the frost hits !
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml finely chopped green tomatoes (2 medium)
- 354.88 ml of chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla; stir well. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in the tomatoes and pecans.
- Spoon the batter into 2 greased and floured 81/2 by 41/2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.