Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a great unique southern bread. I know it sounds a little yucky, but trust me it's good.
Top Review by Nancy loves new recipes
We loved this bread ! Since my husband is diabetic I did substitute 1 cup of Splenda for the sugar and it turned out great. Thanks for a unique way to use green tomatoes before the frost hits !
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped green tomatoes (2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla; stir well. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in the tomatoes and pecans.
- Spoon the batter into 2 greased and floured 81/2 by 41/2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.