1/2 Photos of Green Tomato Bread
1 hr 10 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a great unique southern bread. I know it sounds a little yucky, but trust me it's good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- 2Combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla; stir well. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in the tomatoes and pecans.
- 3Spoon the batter into 2 greased and floured 81/2 by 41/2 inch loaf pans.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 5Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tomato Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3113.8
- Calories from Fat 1573
- Total Fat 174.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 1938.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 367.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 211.0 g
- Protein 35.4 g