Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Old Fashioned goodness. Don't let the green tomatoes scare you off, you don't know they are there.
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely chopped green tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Combine with tomatoes, apples, and raisins.
- Put into pie shell, dot with butter.
- Place the top crust on; make steam vents.
- Brush the top with milk and sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 40 to 45 minutes.
This was excellent I can green tomatoes each fall so that worked very well . do need more stars though it was that good. thanks