Recipe by acid.
From the Los Barrios Family Cookbook. A wonderful sauce for enchiladas verdes.
Top Review by chef blade
This sauce lets the flavor of tomatillos shine, without overbearing spices or hot peppers added. Not sure of directions, I gave the onions a 5 min. head start in the saute pan before adding the blended tomatillo. Excellent wrapped in a soft, flour tortilla with shredded chicken and cheeses!
- 1 lb tomatillo
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the tomatillos in a bowl of cold water to loosen the husks.
- Drain and peel off the husks.
- Place the tomatillos and garlic in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the tomatillos are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the garlic and tomatillos to a blender and puree.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the pureed tomatillos and the onion and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer about 10 minutes.