1/4 Photos of Green Tomatillo Salsa
Recipe by Rick Bayless and originally submitted by Mean Chef. I adopted this recipe in September 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast the tomatillos and chile (s) on a baking sheet 4 inches below a very hot broiler, until darkly roasted, evenly blackened in spots, about 5 minutes.
- 2Flip them over and roast the other side; 4 or 5 minutes more will give you splotchy-black and blistered tomatillos and chiles that are soft and cooked through.
- 3Cool and transfer everything to a blender, including all of the delicious juice that has run out into the baking sheet.
- 4Add the cilantro and the 1/4 cup water and blend to a coarse puree.
- 5Rinse the onion under cold water, then shake to remove excess moisture.
- 6Stir into the salsa and season with salt, usually a generous 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tomatillo Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g