- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatillos
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro (, or more)
- 1⁄2-1 small jalapenos or 1⁄2-1 small serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Husk tomatillos and place on a baking pan.
- Roast them, uncovered in a 400* oven until spotted brown.
- This should take around 40 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- On a food processor whirl the tomatillos, cilantro and jalapeno until smooth.
- Pulse in broth and lime juice.
- Taste and salt to preference.
- Serve at room temp.
- You can cook this down if you like it a bit thicker.