Recipe by Jan Welch
My revision of my neighbors old recipe, is great to use to make Green Tom Mincemeat cookies.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs green tomatoes, pureeded and drained
- 3 lbs apples, peeled, pureed and drained
- 2 lbs dark brown sugar
- 1 lb white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 3 (1 lb) packages seedless raisins
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop both tomatoes and apples. Puree tomatoes in blender and let stand to let juices drain. Puree apples and rasins also leaving 1 packages of raisins whole. Add sugar, spices and vinegar. (use strained juices to make it easier to puree in blender.
- Cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours after it starts to boil. Put in jars and seal.