Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A Parrothead's favourite.
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 4 -8 fluid ounces chicken stock
- Sauté vegetables in a greased casserole dish, and then add the vegetables to the cornbread and cheese.
- Add chicken stock to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until hot.
I make a similar stuffing that omits the corn, but adds cooked chorizo and some cumin to the mix. It is awesome!
Very good! I used diced roasted fresh poblano peppers and fresh corn also roasted on the grill. Thanks, Mille!
Very nice side dish, Miller. Served this on Cinco de Mayo along side chicken verde. I used the full 8 ounces of chicken stock becaue we prefer moist stuffing. It turned out perfectly moist and very tasty.