Recipe by Poison_Ivy
A shortbread-like green tea cookies, for those who prefer treats that are less sweet and simple. They are quite additive!
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ounces unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons green tea powder (more or less)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar (for coating) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and green tea together in a bowl.
- Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
- Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter.
- Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
- Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.