Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Recipe from Scent of Green Bananas Blog, similar to a recipe by celebrity chef, Nobuyuki Matsuhisa, owner of Nobu, Matsuhisa and Ubon restaurants.
- 3 egg yolks
- 78.07 ml white caster sugar
- 226.79 g mascarpone cheese
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Cointreau liqueur or any orange-flavored liqueur
- green tea powder
- 236.59-473.18 ml brewed green tea, cooled
- 3 egg whites
- beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl set over pan of simmering water, until the mixture is pale yellow. add the mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth and creamy.
- in a separate bowl, whip the cream. add vanilla and orange liqueur.
- in yet another bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- fold the mascarpone mixture into the cream until blended.
- add egg whites and fold gently until blended. (obv also optional).
- dip ladyfingers into the brewed green tea, then layer them on the bottom of a serving dish. spread the creamy stuff on top, and repeat layers.
- refrigerate at least a couple of hours; 24 is nice.
- dust with powdered green tea just before serving.