Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
From foodblog lovescool
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ounces unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and green tea together in a bowl.
- Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in color.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
- Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Roll the dough out to 1/2” thickness.
- Cut the dough with a leaf cookie cutter.
- Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
- Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.