Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A shortbread cookie with Matcha green tea powder.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl stir together flour, green tea powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and slowly blend until crumbly. Knead dough together until a ball forms.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface until approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a 1 1/2 to 2 inch cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet approx 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden in colour.