Recipe by bricookie55
This comes from Rachael Ray's Magazine. It sounded so interesting and different, so I decided to post it for later use. Cook time does not include toasting the coconut and the sesame seeds.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green tea leaves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, plus
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens (8 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring until golden, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tea leaves, lemon juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, and ginger. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Strain the dressing into a bowl, pressing with a spoon, and discard the solids.
- Stir the jalapeno, peanuts, coconut, sesame seeds, and reserved garlic into the dressing. Toss with the mixed greens in a salad bowl and serve with the lemon wedges.