Recipe by Happy_Housewife
I feel in love with green tea cookies and happen to find this recipe when I was searching for green tea cookies recipes on the Internet. I haven't tried this recipe yet but will do so very soon.
Top Review by aloha808
I love anything with Green Tea and these were no exception! I used Vanilla Soy Milk in place of the Milk and added about 1/8 cup of King Arthur Micro Mini Chocolate Chips. Next time, I will up the chocolate chips to 1/4 cup and add another 1/2 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder too -- mahalo for posting!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons japanese green tea powder (matcha in Japanese)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and green tea powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until light.
- Add the sugar and eggs and beat some more until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry mixture and the milk.
- Stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just incorporated (don't overmix). The batter will be somewhat lumpy.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tins (If you don't have any liners, grease the tins), about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Bon appetit!