Recipe by Pikake21
I haven't yet tried this cake, but found the recipe online. Please let me know how it turns out if you try it first!
Top Review by alisa806_9336957
I made the cake today, and once again learned a lesson not to make any recipe unless there is a picture of the final product. Each layer came out to be very thin (less than 1/4 inch). The recipe is missing the part where you are mixing the dry products with liquid, and directs only to add yogurt to the flour mixture (where did the egg mixture go?). I'll probably end up baking another set of 2 layers, and make a 4 layer cake to give it some height.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 - 9 inch round pans.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, salt, and 4 teaspoons of matcha; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Beat the yogurt into the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before removing from pans.
- For the Frosting:.
- Sift together confectioner's sugar and matcha.
- In a medium bowl, combine tea mixture with butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Assembling the cake:.
- When the cakes are completely cooled, put one layer on a flat serving plate.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting over it.
- Place the other layer of cake on top, and spread frosting to cover the top and sides of cake.
- Dust with matcha if desired.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Makes one 2 layer 9 inch rounds or one sheet.