Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
For an exotic and sophisticated dessert, serve Peanut Sprinkle over a bowl of Green Tea Ice Cream.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon loose green tea
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons japanese green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons egg whites
- Heat milk with tea for 5 minutes just below a simmer. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar. Gradually whisk hot milk into egg mixture until all milk has been added. Return to pot and cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until it coats the back of a spoon. Strain and chill completely.
- Stir in cream and green tea powder and churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon into a container and freeze until firm.
- Yield: 5 cups ice cream.
- Peanut Sprinkle:.
- Combine sugar and salt. Toss peanuts with egg white to coat. Pour sugar mixture over peanuts and combine well. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and let dry for at least 2 hours. Roughly chop peanuts.
- Peanuts will keep for up to 2 months in an airtight container.
- Yield: 1 cup peanuts.
- Chef Anna Olson.