Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sophisticated and rich, but not too sweet. This is not an authentic Japanese recipe but using the matcha adds that Asian flare.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 9 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons green tea powder (matcha)
- Mix egg yolks, sugar& vanilla.
- Add cream and half and half.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring continually.
- Mixture will thicken to the consistency of egg nog.
- Do not boil.
- It is done when the mix coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in matcha.
- Don't worry if if there are small lumps of the tea, they will break up in the ice cream machine.
- Freeze in ice cream maker.
- Variation: Add chocolate chunks.