Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Here is a recipe for green tea ice cream that uses an ice cream maker. So delicious and refreshing!
Make and share this Green Tea Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly whisk egg yolks in a pan.
- Add milk and sugar to the pan and mix well. Put the pan on low heat and heat the mixture, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture thickens, remove from the heat.
- Soak the bottom of the pan in ice water and cool the mixture.
- Mix hot water and green tea powder together. Add the green tea to the egg mixture and mix well, cooling in ice water.
- Add heavy cream to mixture and mix well. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker, following the instructions that came with the ice cream maker.
ok...this ice cream was good...BUT! the green tea flavor overcome the flavor of sweetness. I would just add a lil more sugar that is all, otherwise this recipe is delish!
Pretty good but I'd change it a bit - it was a bit too strong/bitter (perhaps because I used the authentic maccha powder) and not sweet enough. It was also too hard after being in the freezer for a couple of hours. I'd definitely try making it again - perhaps with a little less maccha powder and an extra tablespoon of sugar.
We really enjoyed, not too sweet and yes refreshing. Only problem was there wasn't enough for the 4 of us. Thanks