Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Here is a recipe for green tea ice cream that uses an ice cream maker. So delicious and refreshing!
Make and share this Green Tea Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 200 ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maccha green tea powder
- 100 ml hot water
- Lightly whisk egg yolks in a pan.
- Add milk and sugar to the pan and mix well. Put the pan on low heat and heat the mixture, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture thickens, remove from the heat.
- Soak the bottom of the pan in ice water and cool the mixture.
- Mix hot water and green tea powder together. Add the green tea to the egg mixture and mix well, cooling in ice water.
- Add heavy cream to mixture and mix well. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker, following the instructions that came with the ice cream maker.
The best ice cream EVER! can't get enough!
ok...this ice cream was good...BUT! the green tea flavor overcome the flavor of sweetness. I would just add a lil more sugar that is all, otherwise this recipe is delish!