Recipe by Chef mariajane
Green Tea and Honey make these pretty bite-sized muffins a delectable treat. The green tea helps make the muffin moist while the honey is a delicious natural sweetener. The taste is complimented by hints of cinnamon and nutmeg too!! ENJOY!!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup strong green tea, cold
- 1 cup icng sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons green tea, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease or line mini muffin pans.
- Beat eggs and sugars well. Add oil and honey, mix well,.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add half of dry mixture to wet ingredients. Add cold tea and then remaining ingredients. Pour batter into prepared mini muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- When bites have cooled, combine icing sugar and green tea. Drizzle over bites.
- Use 4 teabags for stronger tea.