Recipe by Pikake21
I found this recipe on the O-Cha site. Looks like a great way to incorporate green tea into a lowfat dip!
- 3 green tea bags
- 1 cup reduced-fat cream cheese or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives or 2 tablespoons basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea bags in a heatproof glass or ceramic container that holds more than 1 cup.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a not-quite boil and remove from heat immediately. (Water that has come to a boil should be cooled for about 1 minute before using.)
- Pour water over tea bags and allow the tea to steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, squeeze out liquid and discard.
- Allow tea to cool to room temperature.
- If not using immediately, refrigerate (covered) until ready to use. (Depending on the temperature of the room, tea left standing eventually will develop mold.)
- Allow refrigerated tea to come to room temperature before using.
- Place cheese and minced herb in a blender and mix on medium-high speed to blend thoroughly.
- Continue blending until mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add small amounts of the tea concentrate until the mixture is spreadable, as desired.
- Transfer the tea-cream cheese mixture to a covered container and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Bring mixture back to room temperature before using, either as a spread for toasted bagels or bread at breakfast; as a spread for crackers, sandwiches or wraps; or as a dip for vegetable crudites and toasted tortilla chips.