Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This ice cream recipe uses a can of coconut milk. The use of eggs is optional so it can be vegan. It has a very low GI (glycemic index), so it is diabetic-friendly and ideal for anyone who is watching their weight. Please adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste. I used an ice cream maker, but it is possible to make it without it. For detailed instructions on making ice cream without an ice cream maker, please Google “How to make ice cream without an ice cream maker.” For more gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 4 -8 tablespoons erythritol or 4 -8 tablespoons Xylitol sweetener or 4 -8 tablespoons coconut sugar crystals
- 1 tablespoon green tea powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- In a blender, place coconut milk, eggs, sugar, matcha powder, and vanilla extract and blend well.
- Transfer the liquid to a sauce pan and heat under medium heat for about 8-10 minutes until the liquid thickens.
- When the liquid is cooled, chill it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to the container of an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions to make ice cream.
- If using white chocolate chips, add them in the last five minutes while the ice cream maker is running.
- Infuse love and serve or store in the freezer.