Recipe by mamati
From http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/green-tea-smoothie-recipes.html Almonds add a lovely subtle flavor and extra protein, while yogurt with active cultures benefits your digestive system. This recipe lends itself to variation. For example, try it with fruit, frozen yogurt instead of plain yogurt, or almond milk instead of yogurt for a nondairy version
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds or 1 tablespoon store-bought almond butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 8 ounces prepared green tea
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Step 1. Combine almonds and 1 tablespoon of honey in the blender.
- Step 2. Blend on high speed for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture forms a smooth paste with the consistency of peanut butter.
- If you are using pre-made almond butter, skip this step and just add the almond butter in with the other ingredients in step 2.
- Step 3. Add green tea, yogurt, and the rest of the honey. Blend until everything is smooth. It’s important to blend the honey in with the rest of the ingredients before you add the ice. Otherwise, your smoothie will studded with little chunks of hardened honey.
- Step 4. Add 1 cup of ice and blend on high until the drink is smooth.