1/1 Photo of Green Tea Almond Cupcakes
An absolutely delicious VEGAN green tea cake with almond frosting. A really elegant dessert for just about any get together or celebration! Enjoy them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup almond milk (you could use soy, rice, or coconut)
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
For the frosting
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease a 12-cup cupcake pan, you may need another pan for additional batter.
- 3Whisk together flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, green tea powder, and sugar in large bowl.
- 4Combine oil, milk, vanilla, almond extract, and vinegar in a separate bowl.
- 5Add the wet mixture to dry and mix using a whisk. Don't mix until completely smooth. Lumps are good.
- 6Fill the cups 3/4 full and bake for about 15 minutes until edges just barely begin to brown. Cool.
- 8Using a mixer, beat the coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extracts until combined.
- 9Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. The mixture will be crumbly.
- 10Add water little by little until you reach the desired frosting consistency. YOU MAY NOT NEED TO USE ALL THE WATER.
- 11Frost the cakes and decorate. For large cupcakes I made an almond flower and for the small ones I used two slices oriented vertically to like almost like two leaves.
- 12Try not to eat all at once!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tea Almond Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
matcha green tea powder