Recipe by Tarynne
This is an adaptation from how my mom made taco filling when we were kids. When ground beef is on sale I will triple the recipe and freeze unused portions in zip-lock bags. Also good as a burrito filling or use in a taco salad.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
A little different from most taco meats. The green taco sauce I have has a mild flavor, so the taco meat was very mild. Good for kids or those that can't handle much spice. Personally, I would probably add more taco sauce to this in the future to bring out more of a Mexican flavor.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey, cooked, drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup green taco sauce (I use La Victoria)
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over a medium flame till hot.
- Add onions and garlic in olive oil and sauté until onions are transparent.
- Add ground beef or turkey, taco sauce and water to skillet.
- Bring to a boil stirring occasionally to make sure it don't stick.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
- Add salt if desired for taste.