Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe has been in our family forever. It can be made in many different variations. Cottage cheese instead of or in addition to cream cheese. Crushed pears or mandarin oranges in place of pineapple. The amount of ingredients seem to not matter much because I often forget how much jello or cream cheese, etc to use but it always tastes great. The only word of caution is NEVER use fresh pineapple in jello because it will not gel.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup ice cube (optional)
- 1 (5 ounce) package Jello gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- Dissolve jello in hot water. If in a hurry add ice cubes to set a litte faster.
- Mix cream cheese and pineapple in large bowl.
- Add jello.
- Beat until blended.
- Add Cool Whip or any whipped topping and beat for 2 minutes or well blended.
- Pour into large glass pan or bowl and chill at least four hours. I've been known to use the freezer when in a hurry and it works out fine.