Recipe by FloridaNative
Got this recipe from my dear MIL, and love it. It's quick and easy to make, and refreshing for a snack or a get together as a "light" dessert. I have never liked cottage cheese, but the first time I ate this salad, I didn't even know it was in there. This is the only way I eat cottage cheese!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) containerdefrosted fat-free cool whip or 1 (12 ounce) containerany type whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple really well. If you don't there is too much juice in the salad and it doesn't chill up well.
- Put all ingredients together (except pudding).
- Stir until everything is mixed all together, then add about 1/2 of the pudding mix and stir well.
- Add other half of pudding mix and stir until all pudding crystals are mixed in with the other ingredients.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.