Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this recipe from my dear MIL, and love it. It's quick and easy to make, and refreshing for a snack or a get together as a "light" dessert. I have never liked cottage cheese, but the first time I ate this salad, I didn't even know it was in there. This is the only way I eat cottage cheese!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) containerdefrosted fat-free cool whip or 1 (12 ounce) containerany type whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Drain the pineapple really well. If you don't there is too much juice in the salad and it doesn't chill up well.
- Put all ingredients together (except pudding).
- Stir until everything is mixed all together, then add about 1/2 of the pudding mix and stir well.
- Add other half of pudding mix and stir until all pudding crystals are mixed in with the other ingredients.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
Wonderful stuff. This is easy and inexpensive to make. It will be my next "go to" dessert due to the ease of prep. Made and reviewed for Football Pool, Week 2, 2010.
EXCELLENT!!! I have used a recipe similar to this for years, but never used the cottage cheese in it. I really loved the added flavor. This was quick and easy to make and everyone enjoyed it. Reviewed for Football Tag 2008