Happy Harry #2's Note:
A Dr. Andrew Weil's recipe. "The fresh taste of the vegetables is what makes it appealing".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium leek, organic (if possible)
- 1 lb summer squash, organic (like zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable stock (recommend Victorious Vegetable Stock)
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons artichoke puree (see note)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 1Use white part of leek. Wash well and chop into fine pieces.
- 2Wash and trim squash and chop into medium pieces.
- 3Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add leek and saute until translucent.
- 4Add squash and saute, stirring until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add stock and marjoram, heat to boiling, cover, reduce heat and boil gently for 30 minutes.
- 6Add artichoke puree and mix well.
- 7Pour soup(careful!) into processor/blender and process into coarse puree.
- 8Serve hot with cheese on top.
- 9NOTE: Artichoke puree is available in specialty stores or you can make your own! Drain a can/jar of water-packed baby chokes and grind them in processor/blender. Leftovers can be used in pasta sauce or as a dip for raw veggies.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: