Recipe by Happy Harry #2
A Dr. Andrew Weil's recipe. "The fresh taste of the vegetables is what makes it appealing".
- 1 medium leek, organic (if possible)
- 1 lb summer squash, organic (like zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable stock (recommend Victorious Vegetable Stock)
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons artichoke puree (see note)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use white part of leek. Wash well and chop into fine pieces.
- Wash and trim squash and chop into medium pieces.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add leek and saute until translucent.
- Add squash and saute, stirring until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock and marjoram, heat to boiling, cover, reduce heat and boil gently for 30 minutes.
- Add artichoke puree and mix well.
- Pour soup(careful!) into processor/blender and process into coarse puree.
- Serve hot with cheese on top.
- NOTE: Artichoke puree is available in specialty stores or you can make your own! Drain a can/jar of water-packed baby chokes and grind them in processor/blender. Leftovers can be used in pasta sauce or as a dip for raw veggies.