Green Spring Chili and French Fry Pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F Arrange the fires in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing halfway through, until browned, 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil smokes, add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat. Season with salt and pepper, the poultry seasoning and cumin; brown and crumble the meat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the beans and stir to heat through. Add beer and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the salsa and simmer the chili over low heat.
- When the fries finish baking, stir the cilantro into the chili.
- Transfer the chili to a medium casserole and top with the scallions.
- Mix a teaspoon of salt with the chili powder and cayenne. Remove the fries from the oven and top with the seasoned salt. Pile the fires on top of the casserole, evenly covering the green chili and serve.
- When I made this we used extra salsa and some sour cream to garnish the dish.