Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yet another Penzey's receipe.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, peeled and minced
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 quarts cold water
- 6 ounces chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, cut into small pieces with corse stems removed
- Heat 3 Tbl. oil in large stock pot.
- Add onions and garlic, saute for a few minutes. Add the potatoes and saute until they begin to brown.
- Pour in the water. Cover and gently simmer over medium heat for 30-45 minutes, until potatoes are really soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, saute the chorizo in a pan over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Smash potatoes lightly with a hand masher. Add the chorizo, salt and pepper to the pot. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and simmer for 30 minutes. If you like your kale really soft, simmer for 1 1/2 hours, uncovered. Add the remaining olive oil and serve.