Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From UK FoodTV
Make and share this Green Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 900 g potatoes, peeled and roughly diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 liters chicken stock
- 2 cm cube fresh gingerroot, peeled
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small hot green chili
- 275 g peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (more if the stock is unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground roasted cumin seeds
- 3⁄4 cup double cream
- Combine the potatoes, onions, chicken stock, ginger, ground coriander and ground cumin in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cube of ginger and discard it.
- Add the fresh coriander, green chilli, peas, salt, lemon juice and ground, roasted cumin seeds.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until the peas are just tender.
- Empty the soup into the container of an electric blender in 2 or 3 batches and blend until it is smooth.
- Put the soup into a clean pan. Add the cream and bring to a simmer to heat through.
Loved this soup. I made half the recipe but used a whole serrano pepper in it. I added it a bit earlier than shown, to let it simmer with the potato. I used half and half instead of the cream. This was very warming and lovely.