Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was featured in our February/March 2010 newsletter. It was submitted by guest author/speaker Mary Olivar, Healthy Eating Specialist at Whole Foods Market's flagship store. She says this simple smoothie is a great way to start your day, and a wonderful way to get your greens. Plus, when you use colorful berries, you won't even notice that the greens are there!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or 1 cup frozen cherries or 1 cup other frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 1 apples, cored or 1 orange, peeled and seeded
- 1 -2 cup Baby Spinach (stems removed) or 2 -3 kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (optional)
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high, adding water as needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Feel free to adjust amounts and ingredients as desired.
This beverage is very good! I used a frozen banana, blue berries, black berries, an orange, baby spinach, cinnamon and a 1/4 cup of cranberry juice as it was very thick. I also added a teaspoon of sugar. Made for TOTM tag.
This is great! It was really easy and is really healthy at the same time. All my friends enjoyed it. Thanks!