Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A deliscious Mediterranean variation on scrambled tofu. Serve with toast and hashbrowns.
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- turmeric (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- dried oregano (to taste)
- olive oil
- 6 -8 Greek olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped
- Preheat a little olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add tofu, soy sauce, turmeric, pepper and oregano.
- Saute on medium high heat for 10 or 12 minutes or until moisture has evaporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook for 2 to 4 more minutes until spinach is tender.
This thing was a mess! I'm not a naturally talented cook but I try; so I followed the recipe the best I could and this stuff turned out soggy and smushy with a kind of acrid taste. I made the whole family sample it and offer suggestions but no one liked it at all.
Truly delicious! Spinach and tofu were great together. I squeezed the final mixture dry and used it as a filling for wraps - good warm and cold.