Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this last night as all I had left in the fridge was green things and some frozen mashed sweet potato. It was yummy.
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil
- 1⁄4 cup barley
- 5 vegetarian sausages
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 pinch chili
- 200 g mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 pint water
- 5 frozen dumplings (veggie) or 5 homemade dumplings (veggie)
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Put all the chopped veggies into a casserole dish.
- Add the stock cubes herbs and chili.
- Add the lentils and barley and water stir well.
- Put the sausages on the top of the veg and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out after 15 minutes and check that no more water needs to be added.
- Put the frozen or fresh dumplings on top of the mix and bake for a further 30 minutes. Keep checking whether you need more water added.