Recipe by Huskergirl
I came up with this when I have left over green enchilada sauce. DH really liked this. Great served with mashed potatoes or rice. This would be a great OAMC dish because you can put the sauce over the chicken before freezing and use it like a dump chicken dish.
Top Review by Mulligan
The chicken was very tender and had a lot of flavor. I had a couple of small open cans of sliced jalapenos that I added just to get them out of the fridge. I ended up making a smothered burrito by shredding the chicken in the flour tortilla and adding sour cream, cilantro and then smothering the burrito with the sauce. Yum!
- 4 -8 chicken thighs or 4 -8 chicken breasts
- 10 ounces green enchilada sauce (large can)
- 1 small onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken (or not).
- Place in crock pot.
- Add onions.
- Pour enchilada sauce over chicken.
- Cook for at least 4 hours.
- You can make a gravy after chicken in cooked by adding cornstarch slurry to the sauce and cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes.
- I did not brown chicken because I had bl/sl chicken thighs, but if I had skin on I would have browned first.