Recipe by Witch Doctor
Bottled green salsa can’t compare to freshly made. Whether you use it as a dip, on empanadas or tacos, or cooked in soups or stews, its piquant character perfectly perks up rich flavors.
- 3⁄4 lb tomatillo, husked and quartered
- 2 serrano chili peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt (or as needed)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the tomatillos, chilies, onion and water; process briefly until chunky. Add the 1 teaspoon salt and the cilantro and purée until no large chunks remain, about 2 minutes longer.
- Taste and add more salt, if needed. Pour into a bowl and serve, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size = 2 tablespoons.