Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 serrano chili, seeded, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 (5 inch) corn tortillas, halved, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 3 ounces queso fresco (or you can use mild feta cheese)
- vegetable oil
- Blend first 6 ingredients in a processor until chili is finely chopped.
- With machine running, gradually add olive oil and blend until smooth; set aside.
- Pour enough oil in heavy skillet to come up to 1/4-in sides of skillet.
- Heat to 350°.
- Working in batches, fry tortilla strips until golden, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels.
- Sprinkle tortilla strips with salt.
- Place greens in bowl; toss with vinaigrette.
- Divide salad among plates.
- Sprinkle with queso fresco and tortilla strips.
I really enjoyed this salad and so did my husband! I didn't have sherry wine vinegar, so I used red wine vinegar with a splash of sherry! I used feta cheese on top. I added just a touch of some homemade feta dressing. Thanks for a yummy salad!