My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 serrano chili, seeded, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 (5 inch) corn tortillas, halved, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 3 ounces queso fresco (or you can use mild feta cheese)
- vegetable oil
- 1Blend first 6 ingredients in a processor until chili is finely chopped.
- 2With machine running, gradually add olive oil and blend until smooth; set aside.
- 3Pour enough oil in heavy skillet to come up to 1/4-in sides of skillet.
- 4Heat to 350°.
- 5Working in batches, fry tortilla strips until golden, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- 6Transfer to paper towels.
- 7Sprinkle tortilla strips with salt.
- 8Place greens in bowl; toss with vinaigrette.
- 9Divide salad among plates.
- 10Sprinkle with queso fresco and tortilla strips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Salad With Tortilla Strips and Queso Fresco
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 597.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar
mixed baby greens