Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad lends itself to many variations- try using spinach, or adding almonds or candied walnuts, maybe even a little goat cheese. A Rachael Ray recipe.
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 4 -5 cups chopped romaine lettuce or 4 -5 cups mixed greens, of any kind
- Place jam in a medium bowl and whisk in vinegar then extra-virgin olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the strawberries and greens to bowl and toss to coat evenly in dressing.
Yum yum, it's jam vinaigrette! I upped the jam to 2 tbs and was very happy!
I only made the dressing and put it over a chopped salad with crumbled bacon and egg to mimic my favorite restaurant salad and it was exactly what I was looking for. The dressing was a little thick for my taste so I'll probably add some more oil or maybe some water (?) next time but I know I will be making this in large quantities and using it frequently! Thanks for a wonderful recipe that saves me $6 or $8 and a trip out to eat!