Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is adapted from a Paula Deen recipe I had at a friends home. We just love it, it is light and different and delicious!
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, torn in bite sized pieces
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mandarin orange section
- 1⁄2 cup light oil-and-vinegar dressing (or as needed)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Mix all greens together in a large salad bowl, adding more lettuce if need be.
- Add pomegranate seeds and mandarin orange pieces.
- Mix in enough oil and vinegar salad dressing to taste, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Toss lightly and enjoy!
Wow, what a nice contrast between the tart pomegranate seeds and the sweetness of the oranges. Also, a very beautiful salad.
Easy to prepare, and very light and refreshing - perfect for a hot day. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7
Excellent in everyway. We enjoyed this immensely as we sat on the porch overlooking the sleeping farm with a thunder storm in the distance. I asked DH if he could picture being on one of the Pacific Islands, and he commented he could. Thanks for bringing some quietness to our day, delight to our palette, and health to our step. Followed exactly, using my own French dressing (oil, herbs, vinegar) in place of bottled. I used a combo of iceberg to our own fresh salad lettuces from the garden. YUM! Made for ZWT7