Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
In 'The Best Recipes in the World' by Mark Bittman; France
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or 2 tablespoons red onions
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 4 -6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb lettuce (and or or other greens, preferably a mixture)
- Whisk together the first four ingredients, beginning with 4 tablespoons oil and adding more as necessary.
- Dress and toss the salad, adjust seasoning if necessary, and serve.